Some notes and other information that I can reference when working on the DeLorean.
There are a lot of little values that I tend to need when working on the DeLorean that get tedious to look up all the time. This page collects them and provides me with a quick reference while I do maintenance and repairs.
The banjo bolts on the fuel system are fairly fragile, and I've broken a few in the past. I now use a torque wrench to be sure that I have them in correctly. They require much less torque than I'd expected.
- M8 Banjo Bolts (fuel injectors, fuel distributor): 7-9 ft lb
- M10 Banjo Bolts (CPR/WUR): 9-11 ft lb
- M12 Banjo Bolts (fuel filter, fuel distributor): 14-17 ft lb
- Bosch HR6DS
Other owners report problems with otherwise seemingly compatible plugs, and that you should stick with the Bosch ones.
- Gap: 0.6 to 0.7 mm (0.024 - 0.028 in)
- Torque: 13-15 ft lb (17.5-20 NM)
- MDS 8200 series is what I'm currently running. Seems to work fine.
- White/yellow wire goes to the coil's positive terminal.
- White/slate wire goes to the coil's negative terminal.
- 13+2 degrees BTDC at 775 +50 RPM (vacuum advance disconnected)